Monday, 2 March 2015

New Love... Rimmel London Sunshimmer Self Tan Mousse




After a disastrous St Moritz tanning experience (glowing orange hands) I decided to stir clear of it and try something new. My mam actually came across this new product in Penney's last week, she knows all about my obsession with false tan and picked it up for me to try.

Rimmel London Sunshimmer Self Tan Mousse is a new product from Rimmel London. It is their first tanning mouse which gives you an instant natural glow and also contains a developing tan which gives you a flawless natural glow in just one hour. The tan is said to be very easy to apply, has no fake tan smell and last on the skin for up to 7 days. 



The Verdict-

I was very impressed with the colour of this tan, it is a gorgeous natural bronzed colour, with a red undertone rather than an orange shade. I did find it dried very quickly on my skin, you don't have much time to apply it, so I probably wouldn't recommend it to tanning beginners, I would say if you cannot apply it quickly you could end up a bit patchy.

The colour was still beautiful and rich after showering the next morning and the tan lasted about 4 or 5 days before it started to fade. I did find it came off a little patchy in places, especially round the usual parts... knees, elbows, but I have very dry skin at the moment so I can't fully blame the tan on that one. I tried this tan for the second time over the weekend, this time I left it on for only one hour to see if you really do get a deep glowing tan in just one hour.

I also loved how the colour was instant, this did make application easier and it was also lovely to have an instant bronzed glow. Mousse is by far my favourite type of tan, as it dries very quickly, this mousse is no exception to this and it dries in seconds which is very handy, I hate waiting around for tan to dry.

All in all I was pleased with this tan, yes it does dry rather quickly but once you get the hang of application this tan is worth the effort. The colour reminds me a lot of the Cocoa Brown 1 hour mousse, it truly is a very natural, bronzed shade. Rimmel London Sunshimmer Self Tan Mousse comes in three shades, Light, Medium & Dark. Rimmel London Sunshimmer Self Tan Mousse is available from Boots & Penney's nationwide.

Has anyone given this tan a try?

4 comments:

  1. I've just tried it for the first time, in the light shade. I was wondering how it looks after an hour if you wash it off? I love the idea of the instant tan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanotan 2 is more than a tanning agent it also helps to reduce and cure sunburns that may happen while you’re in the sun.Never have to worry about sunburn
    Melanotan 2 | Melanotan 2 uk | Melanotan Uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanotan 2 UK has established itself as one of the leading suppliers of Melanotan 2 peptides by offering the excellent quality peptides at the lowest price
    Melanotan 2 | Melanotan 2 uk | Buy Melanotan 2 UK

    ReplyDelete