Wednesday 22 October 2014

My New York Beauty Haul



I cant believe my trip to New York is over! It went by so fast. I had such an amazing time. We shopped until we dropped every day and I spent far too much but it was all worth it. I thought I'd share with you all the beauty products I picked up while I was there. Sephora is absolutely amazing, they have so many brands we dont have here in Ireland. I also went to a Walgreens which had some amazing beauty products, I got Essie polish for $8! Bargain!

So here are some of the products I picked up-

Milani Compact Makeup in 108 Medium- I picked this compact up at Walgreens. Several of the American beauty bloggers I follow are forever raving about the Milani products, I had to pick up at least one. So far I am lovely it, the packaging is beautiful. The powder creates a matte finish which last for hours on my skin.


Essie Nail Polish- Urban Jungle, Mademoiselle, Sparkle on top- I picked these beauties up at Walgreens, I could not believe the price difference. I decided to go for two pastels and a glitter, I would have happily bought the entire self of polishes if I could have taken them home, Essie is my absolute favourite polish.

Victoria Secret Angel Body Spray- The Victoria Secret sprays are absolutely gorgeous. All body sprays were on sale for $10 on the day we visited VS. This mist smells beautiful and I know I will get plenty of use out of it. 

Victoria Secret Rockin' Body Legshine- I had heard about this product before my trip over and it went straight into my basket when I seen it, it recreates a gorgeous golden glow to your legs. I must give this a test out this weekend.

eos Lip Balm Pomegranate Raspberry- The minute I seen this I knew I had to have it, I have yet to use it, but everyone needs one of these right?

Sephora MicroSmooth Baked Luminizer Powder in Stardust- Something I don't have a lot of in my makeup collection is highlighting powder so it was definitely something I wanted to pick up while I was away. This luminizer is beautiful and creates a gorgeous high shine. All the Sephora products were beautiful, the range was huge.

Chloe Perfume/ Viva la Juicy Perfume- At Sephora they have a wall of these small perfume bottles. This is such a fantastic idea, why don't we have these here? I picked up two of my favourites.They are so handy for throwing in your hang bag.

Nars Laguna/Orgasm Duo Palette- Two items I was determined to pick up while I was visiting was the Nars Laguna Bronzer and the Nars Orgasm Blush, I was thrilled to find this duo palette at Sephora. Nars can be a bit pricey, no matter where you are purchasing it, so the duo was a bargain buy.

Benefit Professional Primer/ Smash Box Photo Finish Primer- Again this is something I wish we had here in Ireland, Sample size products. At the Sephora counter they have several sample size products. I picked up these primers for $10 each! I tend to swap between these two primers so I was delighted to be able to pick up both for $20.

Juicy Couture Lip Gloss- This gloss came with the Viva la Juicy perfume. The set was $25 dollars! Talking about these prices just makes me wish I'd bought more! It is a beautiful bright pink shade.

L'oreal Voluminous Original- This is a product which is available here but I simply picked it up in Walgreens because I love it, I think it might actually be my favourite mascara. It creates really long lashes and is the blackest pigmented mascara I have ever found.

MAC Eye Shadow in Antiqued - I couldn't come back from NYC without a MAc Product. I found I was more drawn to Sephora to pick up brands we don't have here but I had to get one MAC product. This shadow is beautiful, it is a deep brown shade with a hint of glitter. Perfect for autumn night time looks.

Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara- This was another item on my wish list. I had heard great things about this mascara and couldn't wait to try it. I also wanted to get it because of  the packaging,  it is so unusual. But I have to say I was a bit disappointed with this product, I found it clumped my eyelashes together and was very dry and flaked away. Has anyone else tried this product and had similar issues with it?

Anastasia Brow Wiz- Another must buy, I was really glad I picked this up, the girl in Sephora helped me pick out a colour that would suit me perfectly. This is a gorgeous pencil and the brush on the end is really narrow and leaves your brows looking flawless. I wished I had picked up a second one, I have a feeling I will use this up quickly.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Spot Concealer + Treatment- I have heard this product is amazing at instantly hiding dark circles under the eye area and any other discolouration on the skin. I haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet, but I have a feeling I am going to love it.

Smashbox Full Exposure Travel Palette- I would have loved to get the full palette but I decided the travel size would be enough for me. The colours in the palette are beautiful, I especially love the glitter golden shade. This travel size palette was $22.

Too Faced La Belle Carousel- This was a last minute purchase. I went into Sephora on our final day to help my sister pick up a mascara and noticed this beauty. The box contains five palettes and a mini Mascara, The colours in the palettes are out of this world gorgeous and sooo pigmented. The packaging is just beautiful, I was so careful opening it up, I didn't want to damage the box. I haven't had a change to try out the mascara yet, it is the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, I hear it is one of Sephora's top selling mascaras, so I can't wait to give it a go.


So I don't think I went too mad on makeup products. I actually wish I had picked up more but I guess you can only fit so much in a suitcase! I bought so much new clothes and bags and shoes too. I don't think I will need to shop again for a while... well until the weekend anyway lol. 

I hope everyone is having a nice week.

3 comments:

  1. Love American makeup so much, there is always so much choice and it is so much cheaper! xx

    Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. America is comparatively cheaper in terms of designer products and make up! Never been there before but defs on my bucket list! x

    bohorush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you got some fun stuff! :D Have fun with the new goodies x

    ReplyDelete